Monday, May 17, 2010

down the rabbit hole

my carrots (first ever) went into the ground Feb 20th. I pulled them up yesterday. I had planted three different heirloom varities: atomic red, lunar white and blanche a collet vert. while lunar white was reliable, atomic red turned out to be my favorite.




now i have space to plant. i've left two peppers in. there's also an atomic red carrot i'm letting to to seed. and i have a sugarcane clump in the corner. i wasn't sure if the sugarcane was going to come back so i left it alone. now after having it for a year, i've decided to dig it up this fall and put it in the ground to make more precious room in my raised beds. i've ordered seeds, last minute from baker creek. i'm awaiting seminole pumpkin, malali watermelon, and spitfire nasturtium.




for the past two mornings i've looked out my window and spotted what i assume is the same bunny rabbit. i've habitually grabbed my camera, shot photos through the window and headed outside in whatever i am (or am not) wearing. i'll end out way out in the garden with no shoes and my pjs on and well after the bunny has hopped back into the woods, i'm shooting pics of morning blossoms. just call me Alice.






squash flower

No comments: