Monday, July 26, 2010

july update

well, let's see. I've started a few seeds in cups: purple broccoli and brussel sprouts. some cilantro and cape gooseberry too. Otherwise I've been tending to what I have and waiting patiently for fall!



I found a new use for an old frame.

My one pumpkin. I've seen two other female flowers and they both fell off. I'm just hoping it's the heat and as it cools a bit I'll have more fruit setting.

These cosmos attract the bumblebees like crazy!


new life for an old set of steps. they make a great plant stand...


and shelter for starting seeds.

i'm so glad i put in a couple of beds this summer, the backyard garden is really starting to get some depth to it.

fifi wanted a porch for her house. I put down newspaper, a piece of lattice, soil and white dutch clover seed.

ma'am peeking out through the basil.


No comments: